Select to view content in your preferred language

Geopoint fields and location services not working without WiFi

Jump to solution
07-07-2022 12:25 PM
CaseyJustice
New Contributor II

The geopoint field is not populating with a map or coordinates in my Survey123 field app when disconnected from WiFi. It works fine when I'm connected to Wifi. Field maps and other apps that use Location Services are working fine when disconnected from WiFi, so it's clearly a problem with Survey123. The survey was published using Survey123 Connect. This worked fine last year using an earlier version of Survey123. I made some updates and republished using a newer version. Now it doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

I am using the following software:

Survey123 Field App: Version 3.15.146

Survey123 Connect: Version 3.15.165

iPad mini 6: iOS version 15.5

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is the iPad WiFi only?  If so then it has no GPS chip.  It must be LTE to get a GPS chip in it since it is a dual chip.  Apple may simulate GPS in some apps is why you see that.  When on WiFi it uses that to approx but its not GPS.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is the iPad WiFi only?  If so then it has no GPS chip.  It must be LTE to get a GPS chip in it since it is a dual chip.  Apple may simulate GPS in some apps is why you see that.  When on WiFi it uses that to approx but its not GPS.

CaseyJustice
New Contributor II

Thank you DougBrowning. This was the source of the problem. I was unaware that WiFi only iPads didn't have a GPS chip.

LysanderAshcombe
New Contributor

Experiencing geopoint field issues with Survey123 on your iPad Mini 6? Our 10.0.0.0.1 IP Admin Panel and Admin Portal website offer a range of solutions for troubleshooting and configuring location services. Ensure seamless connectivity and troubleshoot issues like the one you're facing. Explore our platform to access advanced controls, configure settings, and streamline your Survey123 experience. Connect with 10.0.0.0.1 for comprehensive support, empowering you to resolve Survey123 discrepancies when disconnected from WiFi. Stay updated with the latest features and troubleshooting tips on our platform, enhancing your Survey123 workflow effortlessly.

0 Kudos