Geocode Address to Geopoint in Survey123

07-11-2019 12:22 PM
MatthewMcCloskey
New Contributor II

I know it's possible to reverse geocode in survey 123 through the calculation field but don't believe it is possible to perform a regular geocode in the same fashion. My initial through was use a calculation that pulls data from the address fields the user inputs earlier in the survey and use my organizations geocode service get the x,y coordinates, then feed that to the geopoint field. I am struggling to make this happen and am wondering if it is even possible?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Please see this post with similar question which has been asked.

https://community.esri.com/thread/184927-how-to-geocode-based-upon-inputted-address

0 Kudos
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Matthew,

You can now just have your users type their address into the map search box that has been set to use your organization's custom geocoder by selecting it from the drop down. This screenshot shows the default ArcGIS World Geocoding Service:

This will only store the geopoint geometry in your feature layer (no address info).

If you also want to store the address information in fields within your survey you can follow the same process but also include reverse geocoding of the point to populate address information into the specific fields you’ve configured in your survey. See the ‘Reverse Geocode’ sample available in Survey123 Connect.

Hope this helps,

Brett

0 Kudos