File upload survey123 connect

01-14-2020 11:29 AM
AlexLaRocca
New Contributor

I have made several surveys in the web engine, and have shifted towards connect. Is connect able to accommodate forms like pdf's and word docs? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alex,

Survey123 Connect won't display the file question properly, but will preserve it in the form - when you republish, it will still be available in the web form.

0 Kudos
DerekKonofalski
Occasional Contributor

Hi, James!  Is there a limit to what file types are allowed by the File Upload question? We've successfully set up a File Upload with Connect but we can't select an .xls or .xlsx file with the question. The file is under 5MB so the size shouldn't be an issue and the support text on the button says * which I would think means any filetype is supported. How can we attach .xls and .xlsx files?

0 Kudos
DerekKonofalski
Occasional Contributor

To give some more info and context, we're attempting to submit these surveys along with an Excel spreadsheet from an iPad. We have Excel installed on the iPads and the File Upload option is not restricted to any single file type ("*" is listed) but, for some reason, we can't select an Excel file.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Derek,

We are seeing some issues with the most recent versions of iOS and the file question in mobile Safari; we are looking into it.

DerekKonofalski
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, James Tedrick‌.  Let me know if I can assist or help test in any way.

0 Kudos
DerekKonofalski
Occasional Contributor

Do we know if this is an iOS issue or is it a Survey123 issue? I know that WebKit is the browser engine on iOS and, as expected, both Chrome and Safari on iOS do the same.

0 Kudos
DerekKonofalski
Occasional Contributor

Hi, James!  Just wanted to follow back up to see if there's a solution to this or, at the very least, a workaround that we can use in the meantime? This issue is keeping us from being able to use the forms we created in the field.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Derek,

We are still investigating this issue, so I don't have an update at this time.

0 Kudos
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi Derek,

The reason for this issue is that on iOS 13 the MIME type of "application/*" won't work, which will happen when no file types specified in the xlsx form. For a workaround, you can specify one or more types in the body::accept column in xlsx form, i.e.

application/pdf,application/msword,application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document,application/vnd.ms-excel,application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet,application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation,application/vnd.ms-powerpoint,text/plain

and republish your survey.

Thanks,

Jody Zheng Liu