Field not found in the feature service

11-15-2021 04:24 PM
DanaLRobinson
New Contributor III

Version 3.12.232 Survey123 Connect. 

I am hoping this question will result in a learning opportunity for me.  Here are my steps:

1 Build gdb and new FC in desktop10.7

2 populate FC with two points

3 Create observation table inside GDB

4 Use GP tools to generate GlobalID

5 Add attribute to observation table for parental Global ID

6 Use GP tools to build relationship class

7 use GPtools to Add Attachments - to store photos in  (name attribute Photos)

have gotten a similar error related to Fields not found in Feature Service.  I have been building a survey form from an existing geodatabase with a relationship class and a table.  I have moved the folders out of the original location, and started fresh this last particular time, making sure that my GDB had two features.  I made very few changes to the survey form - Only added a select one List Name to the original FC table attribute (parent table?).  I tried to publish, and this is the message I got. I have attached my log file I am not certain what I am supposed to do for the Submission URL.  Can you provide some guidance?

DanaLRobinson_0-1637011069272.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

very few changes to the survey form - Only added a select one List Name to the original FC table attribute (parent table?).  

Once you go to a submission url 123 can no longer update the schema for you.  If you added a field to the form you will need to add the field manually to the service in AGOL.

0 Kudos
DanaLRobinson
New Contributor III

So making a modification to an existing field (in the XLS table for the survey form - not in the original FC - was trying to indicate that the form field that I modified had been published from the FC to AGOL, and imported to Survey 123 form), from text field to Select One List Name, that is "adding a field"?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes once you use a submission URL you are on your own for all schema changes.  It will never modify the service for you using a URL.  That is why I do all my development separate then use the URL at the last minute.

DanaLRobinson
New Contributor III

Thanks! Appreciate this info.

So to summarize, I should probably NOT publish from my GDB with relationship class and attachments for photos, if I need to make mods in survey 123 Connect.  Alternatively, I could generate a domain in my gdb and then publish from there and see if that works.  Will also read up on work arounds related to making new copies of existing forms, and see if I can publish those to a new URL

0 Kudos