Failed to Submit -null is not an object (evaluating 's.to.Json')

10-07-2019 07:57 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can anyone help me with an error and point me in the right direction? When I go to submit various surveys I get Failed to Submit "- null is not an object (evaluating 's.toJson')". This just started happening in three different surveys. All surveys are built off a Feature Service. I can see the Feature Service Global ID is writing to the survey to ParentGUID. All three surveys worked just fine before and it is happening both in Safari and Chrome. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, 

Todd

10 Replies
LEAPublisher
New Contributor II

I'm having the same issue.  the survey used to work fine, but now I'm getting this error.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
LEAPublisher
New Contributor II

I was able to get my survey to work when submitting via the Survey123 app on iOS (3.5.177).  Submitting via the web (iOS using Safari or Windows 10 using Chrome) or using Survey123 for Windows 10 still isn't working.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was also able to publish via Survey123 app, but am also seeing the same results of not working in Chrome and Safari. 

I do have a support ticket in with ESRI, so will keep updating here. The first suggestion was to update to the latest version of Survey123 Connect which is 3.6.137. They stated they have seen this issue before and this solved it. I updated to this version, republished the survey, ensured it was published using 3.6 but still am getting the same results. Please try this and advise of results, I'll keep updating further. 

0 Kudos
SkySkach
New Contributor II

I am also having the same issue, using previously published hosted feature services. My form was working just fine and now it fails to submit with this error:  Cannot read property 'toJSON' of null. I do have previously published surveys in the same way that are still working... I am hesitant to update them now. My survey was also published with v3.6.137, originally when it worked for a few days and again now, when it's not working. I'm at a loss so hopefully your ticket will provide some results. 

Update: I have published a second identical version of my survey directly from Survey123 Connect in Web Mercator and it works fine via web form. The original survey published from the previously existing feature service is in State Plane and I am still unable to get it to work via the web form. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Can you share details of the survey?  Ideally, could you provide the XLS form so that we could attempt to duplicate the issue?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James, 

Below is a link to the XLS Form. Please let me know your thoughts. 

Thanks, 

XLS Form

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Todd,

I'm not seeing the error you are seeing when I publish a new form (with 3.6) with your excel file.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James, 

I'm still seeing the same issues today. I went and overwrote my feature service, then republished my survey, but still seeing the same error message. I then went and published a new feature service, created a new survey and still the same issues. Are you available to do a screen share to look at my settings?

Thanks, 

Todd

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Todd,

It sounds like this might require more troubleshooting via Esri Support - I would suggest that you submit a support ticket.

0 Kudos