Failed to Save when updating Viewers

Jump to solution
05-02-2019 11:02 AM
CorrynSmith2
New Contributor III

Hello,

I created a Survey123 and shared it with a Group within my Organization. I was able to set the group as a Submitter, but I cannot also set the group to Viewers as well. I want the group members to be able to view other entries. When I select the group and hit save, I get a red box saying "Failed to Save. missing arguments: formItemId, featureServiceItemId, folderId, or title." On another Survey123, I was able to add another group as both Submitters and Viewers. I've compared the 2 and cannot find the inconsistency. How can I find the missing formItemId, featureServiceItemId, folderId, or title? Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Corryn,

It sounds like you may have moved some items outside of the survey folder that is generated in your ArcGIS Online Content during creation of the survey.

Can you go into the survey folder in My Content and ensure that there is a hosted feature service, form item, fieldworker view, and stakeholder view inside of the folder?

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Corryn,

It sounds like you may have moved some items outside of the survey folder that is generated in your ArcGIS Online Content during creation of the survey.

Can you go into the survey folder in My Content and ensure that there is a hosted feature service, form item, fieldworker view, and stakeholder view inside of the folder?

Thanks,

Brandon

CorrynSmith2
New Contributor III

Thanks Brandon! Some items got moved around. All is good now. 

BradleyManning1
New Contributor III

Hi Brandon,

I am getting a similar issue. I published the survey from survey123 connect. The fieldworker and stakeholder views were not generated automatically. I manually created those views from the hosted feature service, and all of the items are in the same folder and shared to the same groups. I am getting the same error and cannot figure out why I cannot collaborate the results to the group. Any advice?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bradley,

If you created the fieldworker and stakeholder views manually, it is likely that they aren't configured appropriately (there are additional aspects than the name that defines the view and their relationship to the form).  For the particular error of the stakeholder view, I would recommend deleting the view iwht the name of the stakeholder view and letting the Survey123 website create a new stakeholder view.

BradleyManning1
New Contributor III

I did two things. 1. I followed the steps here: How To: Create the Fieldworker view for surveys published in ArcGIS Survey123 Connect . 2. I created a new folder for the survey items and moved them from the root of my contents page, to the new folder. Not sure which one worked, if not both, but I am all set now.