Select to view content in your preferred language

External choice list CSV hosted in AGOL (Linked Content) no longer working

08-02-2023 08:35 AM
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have been using an external choice list CSV that's hosted in AGOL to manage a dropdown list for 8 surveys that are used in my region. All of the surveys were published in Survey123 Connect and have the CSV in the Linked Content section of the survey configurations. The CSV is shared with the same group that the surveys are shared with. The CSV only has two columns in it, called "name" and "label". There are no duplicates in the name column, and none of the values in that column contain spaces or special characters. The dropdown had been working fine for months, and it was nice to only have to update in one location whenever the list needed to be edited.

However, today I was notified that the dropdown wasn't working (for any of the surveys). When the field was clicked on, only a white dropdown box would appear, no values listed. The user manually updated the version of the survey on their device just in case, but it still didn't work. These questions were required and so it was preventing them from submitting their surveys, so I reverted the surveys back to the "old way" of just referencing a choice list within the XLS form. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea what might have changed and caused it to stop working? I tried removing the connection in Linked Content and re-adding and then re-publishing, but that didn't solve it. 

Thanks in advance for any ideas/troubleshooting!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@Katie_Clark  this is not expected. Can you open an Esri Tech Support incident for this so an analyst can help you diagnose the problem?

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

@IsmaelChivite Thank you so much for your response and confirming that - I'll open a support ticket as you suggested. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos