Select to view content in your preferred language

Exporting data from feature layer fails/hangs.

12-06-2023 02:51 PM
VickiG
by
New Contributor III

Update:  I was able to export data again after about 3 hours of fails.  I have no idea, maybe something at the upper levels of university IT world.  

So I guess it eventually resolves??  Just hope it is not when you are in a time crunch!  But of course that is when it will happen.🙄

Hello:

I have a feature layer for a survey built in 123Connect, I am trying to export the data in the feature layer to back it up before I publish a slightly changed version of the survey from 123connect desktop.  However, even after 10 minutes, the exporting has still not completed.  I tried Excel and csv, no luck.

I also tried exporting data from the Survey123 online portal , survey123.arcgis.com/

Still no luck, I even tried selecting 1 record and "export only selected", didn't work.

There are only ~650 records in main table and few more in related tables, so I don't think the amount of data is a problem.

I found one similar post on the board, but they said their problem resolved after a couple days.

I have a crew going out to the field tomorrow, so need to get things working.

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

Vicki

p.s. I was able to publish my survey successfully, but still can't download data.  I also tried signing out of everything and restarting the computer.  No luck.  Been using S123 for almost a year with no download problems.

1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @VickiG

Usually issues with exporting data is on the feature service end, the Survey123 website uses the same export operation as exporting from the Item Details page of the feature service. 

ZacharySutherby_0-1701999231766.png

If you do see the behavior again in the future it's good to double check exporting from the Item Details page and assuming the same behavior is observed, contacting Esri Technical Support.

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos