Exporting a Map from a survey

05-25-2021 11:28 PM
EmilyRayner
New Contributor III

I have just completed 4 months of surveys and want to export the map from the Data in Survey123 but when I open "Map Viewer" no data shows up on the map? I'm a biologist so not sure exactly what I need to do... any help would be great. Cheers

3 Replies
GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Survey123 automatically generates a feature layer in your ArcGIS Online account, usually labelled as the same as the survey but with field worker or another suffix attached. If you are making points these points will have automatically loaded into this feature layer as you were working and you can pull a map out of that if it helps. I've done similar with my projects. At least with the feature layer you can edit maps and add cartographic styles to them as needed. Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Jansen Lyons

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
EmilyRayner
New Contributor III

Thanks JansenLyons, I had volunteers make a line with a vertex geotrace. Nothing shows up on the map though when I open it...

GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Emily,

I'm not sure about a line with a vertex geotrace, I would defer to the more experienced ESRI & Community members 🙂 

I would assume it's similar but more than likely geometry related. Though definitely more complicated, this article is one i've referenced before and found it helpful on the topic: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/geopoints.htm 

God bless,

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos