Error publishing to Survey123 Connect: The custom feature service submission_url is not compatible with this survey. Table not found

Jump to solution
11-16-2021 02:58 PM
Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi there, 

I am trying to publish my survey in Connect however am getting the following error: 

I have tried added the field manually to the main layer in AGOL, however this is an image/attachment field and that is not selectable as a field type in AGOL. 

How do I work around this? I have attached the xls form to make it easier 

Hayley_0-1637103448209.png

HL
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jordi-Monk-Developer
New Contributor III

I assume that you are using 'submission_url' because you want Survey123 to send the submissions to a previously-authored layer in AGOL. Is this correct?

I would let Connect publish the layer by itself (i.e. removing the 'form_id', and 'submission_url' values). If you need to populate the S123-created feature layer with features from your pre-existing feature layer, you can do that afterwards with Pro, or the Python API.

Does it make sense? (I think we are missing some information: why do you need to work with an existing feature layer instead of letting Survey123 to create it from Connect?)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jordi-Monk-Developer
New Contributor III

I assume that you are using 'submission_url' because you want Survey123 to send the submissions to a previously-authored layer in AGOL. Is this correct?

I would let Connect publish the layer by itself (i.e. removing the 'form_id', and 'submission_url' values). If you need to populate the S123-created feature layer with features from your pre-existing feature layer, you can do that afterwards with Pro, or the Python API.

Does it make sense? (I think we are missing some information: why do you need to work with an existing feature layer instead of letting Survey123 to create it from Connect?)

Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you! That worked - I didn't realise that is what the submission_url means. Good to know 🙂

HL
0 Kudos