Error: Failed at checking the sources of the view feature service

07-21-2020 08:15 AM
JosetteBrown
New Contributor

I'm new to Survey123. When I attempt to publish my survey, error reads " Failed at checking the sources of the view feature service" If I attempt to publish again, error tells me my column names are duplicates. I have to go to each field name and change it in Modify Schema in order to publish. Using web designer. Thanks in advance.

10 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Josette,

It sounds like there may have been an issue with the initial publishing of the form.  You may want to try doing a 'Save As' to create a new copy and republish that.

0 Kudos
JosetteBrown
New Contributor

Thanks for your help.  I will try Save As.

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

James Tedrick‌, 

We are also encountering this error on the simplest of web forms in the web form builder. Save as did not resolve the issue. 

When clicking the publish button again this is what I get: 

It appears that the services are being created aren't validating as a published form- 

Opening as a support case now- #02613775

0 Kudos
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor II

I have the same problem today with a super simple survey. I usually use Connect and it was my first time using Web designer version.. so I was not sure where to look at. Is there any update on what causes this issue?

Thanks.

K

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Kerry, 

As of right now I have a support case open and the analyst is looking into the issue. I can keep this thread updated as I learn more.

Fingers crossed it gets resolved soon.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Good day! I'm an analyst who worked closely with another customer who reported this error in Survey123. I have been closely monitoring all cases of this. This is an issue that our internal team is aware of, and there was a fix for this in our Dev environment (https://survey123dev.arcgis.com?portalUrl=https://www.arcgis.com). Hence, if you can't reproduce the issue in the Dev environment, this will confirm that you're experiencing BUG-000129358. Its synopsis states, "Some organizations are unable to publish any surveys in the Survey123 for ArcGIS web app" and we have recently re-opened it.

Please continue to log a case when you encounter this behavior, and after some testing, we can have an analyst attach your organization to the defect so you can continue to monitor the status of this on your My Esri. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns related to this, and I'll be happy to help out where I can. 

Thanks,

Vivien

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Survey123‌ Team, 

This was logged as a bug back in March (BUG-000129358) and it seems that it still has not been addressed- we're still seeing this issue with new simple S123 webforms. 

As a reminder- the form does not publish, when duplicated the issue still persists, and we cannot delete the broken forms from the S123 interface because of this issue. 

Please look into this issue as it's very frustrating to get a survey all the way to completion only to find out that it's completely broken.

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Amanda,

Could you try publishing on https://survey123beta.arcgis.com ? We believe the we have resolved BUG-000129358 for the next release of Survey123. 

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi James Tedrick‌, 

Just tested and it appears the beta is having a similar issue when trying to republish but different error message- 

0 Kudos