Error converting XLSForm

Jump to solution
12-13-2021 01:08 PM
rATAAdmin
New Contributor II

I am getting this error [row:99} List name not in the choices sheet: cause

I don't know what this means, can any assist me, please. I have attached a screenshot as well. 

@Anonymous User 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FrankOuyang
Esri Contributor

Hi,  I am happy to continue assisting you through this post so that other people with similar questions can find solutions here. 

So in the first picture you post, the type is 'select_multiple cause' which indicates the 'list_name' in the choice sheet form should be 'cause'. But in your second picture, the list_name (first column) seems to be 'BARRIER'. So you will need to change it to 'cause'. Let me know if this still does work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
FrankOuyang
Esri Contributor

Hi, this error means that you have probable in you type column entered "select one cause" which means select one of the causes. In order to use 'select one' or 'select multiple' type, you will need to populate your selections in the choices sheet first. 

Similar to what you did in the survey sheet, list_name will be the same for all your causes as "cause". Name will be unique for each cause and label is what each of the cause will be shown as in the survey. 

Please see full documentation here.

0 Kudos
rATAAdmin
New Contributor II

Hello Frank,

Thank you for the prompt response. I have populated both the survey and choices sheet. as you can see in the screenshots below: Can we have a call, please?

0 Kudos
FrankOuyang
Esri Contributor

Hi,  I am happy to continue assisting you through this post so that other people with similar questions can find solutions here. 

So in the first picture you post, the type is 'select_multiple cause' which indicates the 'list_name' in the choice sheet form should be 'cause'. But in your second picture, the list_name (first column) seems to be 'BARRIER'. So you will need to change it to 'cause'. Let me know if this still does work.

rATAAdmin
New Contributor II

I changed the 'cause' in the survey sheet to 'BARRIER' to match that in the choice sheet form and it worked.

Thank you so much, Frank.

Joseph