Error converting XLSForm - Survey123 Connect 3.14 version

Jump to solution
03-23-2022 09:48 AM
AdriannaBarton
New Contributor III

Beginning this morning we have been getting this error, "Error converting XLSForm" when saving an .xls form. It is happening when a field is moved, deleted, or a calculation is incorrect, and pretty much any time we don't save after making a small change. Typically where a detailed error used to be given it is just this message. Is anyone else having this issue today? We have 3.14 desktop connect, which we have been using for weeks so no new download on our end. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Confirming that the issue sits in the Survey123 XLSForm validation web service. This is why this is affecting all versions of Survey123 Connect. The team is working to publish a fix as soon as possible. Doing our best to get this resolved before Tuesday.

Update March 20, 2022. The fix is now in production

View solution in original post

22 Replies
BelyndaMower
New Contributor

This is happening to me also.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I just had the same thing happen to me! 

Katherine_Clark_0-1648058222052.png

I also recently upgraded to 3.14.

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
SFM_TravisBott
Occasional Contributor III

I am getting errors on machine readable languages all of the sudden (thanks, update!). This is a carbon copy of a survey on a carbon copy of a table....

Naturally the text of the whole message can't be copied.  It says: The following language declarations do not contain machine-readable codes: language (xx). Learn more at https://xlsform.org/#language

SFM_TravisBott_0-1648059139502.png

The referenced website was no help. 

0 Kudos
migforst6
New Contributor II

I am watching this trouble on Survey123 Connect v. 3.16.111. Is it a bug?

migforst6_0-1673986240089.png

0 Kudos
HillaryMarler
New Contributor II

This also happening to me, as of this morning. This in version 3.14.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

@IsmaelChivite @JamesTedrick  Seems like this is a pretty widespread issue - any chance the Survey123 team will be able to look into this?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jumping in to say this is happening to me as well. The issue first appeared for me yesterday around 10AM Pacific time. 

0 Kudos
KevinWarner1
New Contributor II

Piling on to say this started to happening to users in our AGOL organization this week.  It has definitely effected users who recently upgraded to ArcGIS Survey123 Connect 3.14, but there may be a case where the user was still on 3.13 (investigating).

It looks like there was a Survey123 and Survey123 Connect update (to version 3.14.261 for Connect) that was released on 22 March, which may have initiated the problems. See https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/faq/whatsnewsurvey123.htm

0 Kudos
AdriannaBarton
New Contributor III

Looks like there was an update yesterday, version 3.14.261 of connect was released. I bet this is for some reason causing the issue. I just tried downloading the updated connect and I'm still having this issue:(

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/faq/whatsnewsurvey123.htm#:~:text=Survey123%20Connect%20(version....

0 Kudos