Enable sent survey editing after publishing

10-28-2022 12:42 PM
JTH
by
New Contributor

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to enable the edit sent surveys option for a survey which has initially been published without it. The survey contains nested repeats & images. 

I tried enabling it in the options and by adding 'allowUpdates = true query' to the bind::esri:parameters column, however, when I try to republish it, it throws an error saying that 'Table *survey name* could not be found' and that the feature service will be deleted and re-created, which is not what I want, the goal being to enable editing of the data within the Survey123 field app. I saw posts on how to solve this publishing error but not sure whether those are applicable to my case as it has not solved anything (yet). 

An alternative, though less desirable, would be to copy all the sent data (including repeats & images) from the initial survey to a new one where the option is enabled. I have not yet been successful in doing so. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

J.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JTH

Did you happen to change the name of the begin repeat question in the XLSForm? If so that would lead to Survey123 not being able to find the existing table. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
JTH
by
New Contributor

Hello @ZacharySutherby 

Thank you so much for your reply. 

I have not changed anything other than enabling survey editing and adding the allowUpdates=true query to the esri parameters column. The repeat names remain unchanged!

I should also add that enabling survey editing allows republishing without the error, it is when I add the 'allowUpdates=true query' to the xlsx and try to republish that I get the error (and allowUpdates is required due to having repeat groups)

Thank you,

J.

0 Kudos