Embedded form in dashboards no longer opening.

Jump to solution
03-23-2022 06:19 AM
GlenGardner1
New Contributor III

I have come across a issue with all of my Surveys123 forms that are embedded in dashboard this morning.

The all say "You do not have permission to access this resource or perform this operation."

They all worked fine till this morning. I can also access the forms without issue directly in the browsers. 

Interestingly, If I add change the survey URL to use the beta survey123 site, the forms load correctly.

41 Replies
TiiuKelviste1
New Contributor III

The fix works in our workflow also, we're using enterprise solutions. Looking forward to the production in live.

0 Kudos
MikeLachance1
New Contributor III

That worked for me as well.

0 Kudos
TylerBragg2
Occasional Contributor II

The beta site seems to work for me as well.  At least we have a workaround at this point.  I'll continue to monitor for any issues.  

0 Kudos
TylerBragg2

This BUG has been marked as closed and, after some initial testing, it appears as if functionality has been restored.  Thanks ESRI team for the speedy resolution to this problem!

0 Kudos
TylerBragg2

Well, now my survey won't allow submissions (not from within the Dashboard, just in the regular browser using the link to the survey).  It loads fine and acts normally when entering data, but upon hitting the "submit" button, I receive an error stating "Failed to Submit.  Object reference not set to an instance of an object".  Any ideas?  This is a public survey that I recently created and had been working fine through all of our testing until today, after the BUG referenced in this thread was fixed.  Now I'm receiving this error and can't seem to find a resolution to this issue. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please reopen - Still seeing issues across surveys - able to add not edit...

We are using Exp Builder Dev 1.7

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

@TylerBragg2 ,

Since it is a public survey, would you mind sharing the survey URL so we can look into it?

0 Kudos
TylerBragg2

@ZhifangWang Here is the link to the survey:  https://arcg.is/1arLCf0

Also, I've attached the xlsform to this post in the event you need to review that.  

This particular survey is set up to use a View Layer of the original layer, set up for public editing.  I should also state that this is set up to add data to a related table, not the main feature layer.  As I stated, everything was working fine yesterday morning.  We actually submitted one for practice at about 8 am EST and had no issues.  

0 Kudos
TylerBragg2

@ZhifangWang I believe I have this fixed.  While initially trying to solve the dashboard embedded survey problem yesterday, I enabled "Sync" on the main feature layer upon which this survey is built in an attempt to ensure settings were correct for the Dashboard to view the survey.  After I discovered the problem with submitting to the survey, I suspected that my enabling Sync may have caused an issue.  After researching a bit, I found that you can disable sync, though it requires all view layers to be deleted.  While not ideal, I performed this action, deleting all view layers.  I then disabled sync on the main feature layer, then created a new view layer from that.  I then had to go back into my xls form for the survey and change the submission url under the settings tab to point to the new view layer, then re-publish the survey.  It seems to be working at this point.  I'll keep monitoring.  

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @TylerBragg2 ,

Thanks for the update. Using a view layer instead of the source layer directly is always a good practice (you can find more details in this white paper). Also, Sync capability is not necessary for submitting a survey.

If you observe any issues further, please let us know.

0 Kudos