Select to view content in your preferred language

Duplicate surveys stored and sent

09-28-2016 07:49 AM
SarahMayhew
New Contributor

I'm running Survey123 v1.7.20 on an iPhone.  If I complete a survey (provide all required responses) and then click the check mark at the bottom of the survey, I get the options "Send Later" "Send Now" and "Continue this survey" as expected.  If I select "Continue this survey", make a change to one of the responses, click the check mark again, and then select "Send Now", the app sends two records instead of one.  The first record has the responses as I entered them originally (before I selected "Continue this survey").  The second record has the responses as I intended to submit them (after I selected "Continue this survey").  I assume this is a bug and that "Continue this survey" should not cause the app to save the current record but should instead allow you to continue editing the current record before saving.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

I can replicate this as well Sarah - it looks like 'Continue this survey' saves an entry to the Survey's outbox and then sends both it and the completed one to ArcGIS Online. I can see the logic behind an instance being saved, but I guess it would need to be deleted one the user submits the final entry. 

0 Kudos