Drafts are not saving data since updating to version 3.14.237

617
3
Jump to solution
02-25-2022 11:50 AM
RalphPlummer
New Contributor III

Hello

As the title suggests, surveys I have created have been able to save all fields in drafts before updating to version 3.14.237.  It appears that questions with relevancy assigned are not saving anymore.  This bug has killed my forms for the end user.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Ralph

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @RalphPlummer

Thank you for passing along the XLSForm! This issue looks to be related to some of the calculation changes we had made with 3.14. It looks like the calculations are being run on form load from the drafts. Setting the calculation mode to manual preserved the values on my end. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @RalphPlummer

If possible would you be able to pass along your XLSForm and the steps you are taking to observe the behavior for testing on our end? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
RalphPlummer
New Contributor III

Hi @ZacharySutherby 

I misspoke when I said it killed my forms, but does cause a minor inconvenience.  I did further testing with one of the other developers in my group and have determined that it is specific to fields that have a calculation and a relevancy assigned to it.  I believe this was an issue in the past and appears to have come back?  

The fields in question are on rows 290 & 291, make_va & model_va respectively.  We have determined that I can remove those calculations and the information will save in drafts.  My simplest solution in this case is to just remove those calculations and all will be well.  I have not tested other surveys I have created, just this one, which is used the most.  I can only assume the others that have the same setup will have the same result.

So as you can see, not as dire as I had made in my original post.  The latest update did change something though, being that these fields worked as intended when saved in drafts.  I specifically tested on another's Android tablet that had not been updated to the latest version of S123.  He was using Version 3.13.244.  I answered the questions mentioned above, saved in drafts, opened again to see the answers still there.  I updated S123 to Version 3.14.237 and the answers were gone.  

Hopefully this bit of information helps determine the cause.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @RalphPlummer

Thank you for passing along the XLSForm! This issue looks to be related to some of the calculation changes we had made with 3.14. It looks like the calculations are being run on form load from the drafts. Setting the calculation mode to manual preserved the values on my end. 

Thank you,
Zach