Download gdb in different language

10-23-2018 01:58 PM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I created a survey (actually 2) that are defined to be used with two different languages. The enumerators will do the surveys in our local Rwandan language while the consultants approved the survey in English and will also analyse the data preferably in English, the report will also be done in English. Is there a way to visualize the results in survey123 in a different language than the default and to download the gdb maybe even with the different language?

If both is not possible, what would you suggest would be the best practise to enable the consultants to understand the questions and the answers?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
AurelieShapiro
Occasional Contributor II

So the ESRI:fieldAlias worked for the database, the attributes are in english but the survey123 data analysis is all in Khmer - with no option to change.

The data entries themselves are a mix of Khmer and English - and even though I filled out the survey in english, my results are in Khmer.

How would I change the input data? re-assign all the labels in ArcGIS Online, or the domains in a geodatabase?

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aurelie, 

I am not sure if it is a problem of the language why I can't get my version of your survey displayed on the Survey123 website (I get a BAD REQUEST warning but can't tell why…). 

I get all entries and fields shown in English though when opening the feature service in AGOL. Is that also the case for you?

In the excel file you provided, the default language was set to Khmer which I changed to English (en). I can still switch between the languages. I removed furthermore the extra column label and kept only label :: Khmer (km)  and label::English (en) - I am not sure if it makes a difference if you put the label name actually in Khmer characters. 

Would it be possible for you to let me access the stakeholder view in Survey123 to see if it opens for me? (nicueber@esri_rw)

I invited you to our Testing group so you could see if my feature service looks the same as yours. I am not sure if you can see the survey itself too, I also shared the form service.

0 Kudos