Does Survey123 support the XLSForm search() functionality

Jump to solution
02-09-2017 05:07 PM
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

The XLSForm standard supports a 'search()' function which can be used to populate select lists from csv files XLSForm.org .  I have tried re-creating in Survey123 the simple sample from the XLSForm page,  but I haven't been able to get it to work. Instead of the select list being populated with data from the csv file, there is a single select option that is the name of the label field in the csv file.

I can't tell if its something I am doing wrong or if its functionality that Survey123 doesn't support.  If Survey123 does not support that functionality, is there a way that i can use data from csv files to populate select lists? 

Thank you.

12 Replies
AaronChisholm1
New Contributor II

Any update on the search() function?  Looking to "select_one" to an external csv that is updated on a nightly basis.  

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any Updates?

I would like to be able to do a search or text entry that looks up a list of populated information from our customer data.

Doing a select_one on 50k customers is not efficient and taking forever on the form.

0 Kudos
RonnieRichards
Occasional Contributor III

It would be nice to have an update on the search() functionality. Some of these threads are nearly 3 years old. We have the same need as Aaron & Cody as we would like to update several CSV's daily tied to select_one to represent an organizational structure 1 : many relationships so the select_ seems like the only way to model this

Division -> Managers -> Staff

This will be for employee check in related to the COVID-19 issues. Maybe the idea out there might get higher precedence if we tag the idea with COVID-19.