For the last few weeks I've been having some issues with Survey123 Connect. Sometimes when I try to create a new survey (either from an XLS Template or an existing survey) I will have two new surveys appear within Survey123 Connect instead of one new survey to click on. In those case, typically only one of the two new surveys will actually connect and allow me to access the XLS form. Deleting one survey will delete both however and only one folder is created in my "My Survey Designs" folder. I'll also say that when I look at the folder in "My Survey Designs" it never has the complete folder structure - it may only have an XLS in it with no media folder or any other files. When I create one survey and it creates two - I always have to delete the survey and keep trying until it successfully completes a full survey. This gets to be aggravating.
On the flip side, sometimes when I create a single survey, it successfully creates a single survey in Connect but then when I open it to start playing with the fields or configuring the settings, it's like the survey cannot see the underlying XLS form and the button to get to the XLS isn't even there. This happens - like the duplication - when I create a new survey from an existing survey, from an XLS template, or even an existing XLS only. Image below.
I'm currently in version 3.9.120 of Survey123 Connect although I had these issues in a version 3.6.xxx and 3.7.xxx. My solution has been to continually uninstall and reinstall survey123 Connect but it appears the problems follow me. This is starting to interfere with my ability to efficiently create a survey and use the program. I will say the problems consistently happen so doing a screen share would work if someone needed to see it happen. Please let me know what to do next and thank you,
Hi Emily. Please email email@example.com so we can schedule a screen-sharing session with you. In your email, suggest a time to meet and we will try to have someone available. This is a very uncommon problem.
Hi Ismael - thank you for the response. I'll email and schedule a screen share. Hope all is well and thank you,
If anyone else has this happen we found the solution and it was a bit of a face-palm moment. In the titles of our surveys I had been using a period for the version (i.e. v1.0) and that is a no-no. Silly mistake but hopefully someone else can learn from sharing it! Thank you to the Survey123 team for their quick help on this.
I had a similar experience this morning. went to continue working on a survey that i have about a weeks worth of work into and it is gone! like all parts of it are just gone.
It is unlikely that your work has been lost.
First, make sure you are logged-in with the same user you used to publish your survey. Survey123 Connect will only show the surveys owned by the currently logged-in user.
Also, make your search box is empty. It could be that you have some text in it and Connect is filtering out surveys you have in your computer.
If you still do not see your survey, open the Survey123 Connect My Designs directory. In there, you will find all the XLSFiles you have been working on.
If it still does not appear, you can still find your survey and associated XLSForm in any device where you have downloaded it with the Survey123 app. We can help you recover it from there.
I've been combatting this error recently and have found a work around. If you publish the form to AGOL or your enterprise portal and still have this issue, go into the folder that Survey123 creates for the published survey. There you will find a published "Form" that was published with the survey.
If you select this form and click the "Open in Survey123" dropdown, you can choose "Edit in Survey123 Connect"
Doing this will redownload the form to Survey123 Connect and should restore your Forms, Update, and More options.
This has worked for me so far - hopefully it helps you out.