Disable "Copy the sent data to a new survey" option

09-20-2017 05:32 AM
LeonS
by
Occasional Contributor III

I was wondering if there is a setting that would disable the option "Copy the sent data to a new survey" when editing data from the Sent box.  The purpose of this particular survey is to conduct an inspection and I wouldn't want someone to pre-populate an inspection form thinking it might save some time.  I would still want the ability to edit and resend, in case the inspector notices something they forgot. 

Help topic related to question:

Edit existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Thanks,

Leon

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Leon,

I've added this as a potential enhancement for the Survey123 Mobile App.

LeonS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you, James.  I appreciate the responsiveness to my question!

Leon

0 Kudos
BradFuqua
New Contributor

I'll second this request.  Would be perfect for our use case as well.

ChristineLarsen
New Contributor III

Me too!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If possible, I'd also like to disable the option "Edit and resend survey"

On my survey I ONLY want users to "add new features." So, I changed the feature layer settings accordingly.

But, users still have the ability to SELECT "edit and resend survey", where those surveys are saved into the OUTBOX folder with an error. And those surveys sitting in OUTBOX can be mistaken for not being submitted AT ALL. If possible I'd like to have the ability to remove the "edit and resend survey" button from the app altogether.

THANKS

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Geethaka,

Currently we do not support disabling the "Edit and resend survey" or "Copy the sent data to a new survey" feature in the app. Whilst changing the permissions of the feature service cause the user not to be able to edit or send, it will not remove these menu features.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
SarahButler
New Contributor II

Hi Phil,

Our crews do not need the Send Later button.  They only use the survey when they are online.  Is there a way we can change the order, the size, and/or the color of these buttons if we can't disable them?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sarah,

There is currently no way to remove these options via the settings in the app or connect, however you could create a custom version of the app using AppStudio and the Survey123 template, and modify the source code to make the changes as you require.

Phil.

0 Kudos