Detect if Survey is from Inbox or Collect mode

05-21-2019 07:42 AM
LarryWiebe
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I have a survey that gets filled out in the field, then submitted (Collect).  I also have Inbox enabled so that QA users can open the surveys previously submitted.  My issue is that if the survey is opened from the Inbox, I want to make the QA section of the survey relevant, if the survey is through Collect the QA should not display.

If there is someway to detect that a survey is from Collect mode or Inbox?  I have tried pulling in CreationDate and ObjectID from the hosted feature service to see if they exist, but I always get blank values.  I assume these are can'y be pulled into a survey using Inbox?   

Thanks,

Larry

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Larry,

Currently, there isn't a property to tell if the form was opened via the Inbox or Collect.  One approach would be to have separate forms, Collect and QA, with the additional fields only in the QA form.

0 Kudos
LarryWiebe
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

Thanks for the answer, I had been hoping to use the same survey for both… I have it almost working. I have another post about retrieving the current username after opening an Inbox survey that may help me with a single survey approach using specifically defined usernames…

Thanks,

Larry

0 Kudos