Select to view content in your preferred language

Delete Surveys that remain in Sent folder after enabling Inbox and disabling Sent folder

12-13-2022 10:29 AM
JohnMedema
New Contributor III

Hi,

We have just deployed Inboxing to pre-existing Survey123 forms.  I have disabled the Sent folder to all of my surveys prior to publishing with Inboxing enabled.  We are still seeing forms in the Sent folder.  Since these forms have already been sent, can they just be deleted from the Sent folder?  If they are deleted from the Sent folder does this impact the surveys that have already been submitted?

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you refresh the inbox, they should just go away. Have you done that?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JohnMedema
New Contributor III

Greetings,

Yes, I have refreshed the inbox, the items remain in the sent folder.

-J

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliamsERM
Occasional Contributor III

You'll need to delete the items in the inbox before it stops showing,

OR delete the whole inspection and re-download it. 

Once it's in the device, you need to clear it. 

There might be another way, but this is how I've done it before.

0 Kudos
JohnMedema
New Contributor III

So by deleting the forms that remain in the inbox will remove them from the sent folder and will not result in any data loss to the surveys table since its already been submitted?  Just want to make sure I understand completely.  Thank you for the help @MichelleWilliamsERM 

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliamsERM
Occasional Contributor III

Correct, the data is already in the cloud, so you won't lose anything.

You'll want to go into the sent folder (not the inbox) and delete each one in the sent folder. If there are a lot, you'll want to delete the survey form and re-download it.

Re-downloading will clear everything in the outbox, the inbox, and the sent box. Then your team can refresh the inbox.  

0 Kudos