Data not loading on Data tab in Survey123 online

Jump to solution
03-23-2021 02:53 AM
SaraMiller
New Contributor III

Suddenly at the end of last week, the data view tab in survey123.arcgis.com stopped loading data and is  showing the loading icon constantly.  This is happening for a set of 10 different surveys, but not for a couple other surveys I created previously.

I can view the data in AGOL via Content > survey folder > feature layer > data so I know it's going through, but other users need to be able to view, edit, and export data from Survey123 online.

I cleared my Chrome browser cache and it hasn't resolved the issue.

Reviewing previous posts, I do not have any select_one fields with only one option in any of these surveys.

I've unshared the surveys & results with the testing permission group, deleted the stakeholder feature layer, and re-shared with the group to recreate the stakeholder feature layer, which seemed to fix it temporarily but now data is loading inconsistently again.  It seems if I click around to different tabs (Overview, Collaborate, Data), sometimes the data eventually loads in the Data tab, but it never loads when going directly to the Data for a survey from My Surveys.

Attached:  screenshot of Data tab hanging 
Survey123 version 3.11.164
Survey123 Connect version 3.11.123

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Marie-LouLabuschagne
New Contributor III

Any update on when version 3.13 will be released?   

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Marie-LouLabuschagne ,

The 3.13 release is currently planned in late July and is subject to change. The original BUG-000138475 in this thread is already fixed in an update to the Survey123 website in mid-May.

Do you still observe any issue that fails to load the Data page?

0 Kudos
WerkgroepGIS
New Contributor

same problem over here

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@ZhifangWangCould you please have a look? See HAR file above.

0 Kudos
Todd
by
New Contributor III

Todd_0-1617385213032.png

Same problem here. Cleared everything in Firefox. Opening Data tab and it still wants to append ?report=format:docx on the url. Cannot access anything functional using the Analyze or Data tabs. 

SOLVED: moved my 'deviceid' field from the bottom to the top, after the 'begin group' record and before the 'note' record. Now I can see data in the 'Data' tab.

Regards,
Todd
Tags (1)
OliviaHurd
New Contributor

Same issue here and have found no way to create a feature report from the data tab. I have not found a work around for this except downloading the whole excel spreadsheet of data from ArcGIS Online and sending single lines to the corresponding contractors for their reporting & billing needs.

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @SaraMiller @OliviaHurd @Todd @WerkgroepGIS ,

The fix for this issue is already on production, the analyze and data pages should work fine now, could you please try again and let us know if there is any problem?

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
DeniseTolness1
New Contributor III

I am using Survey Connect 3.15.165 and I can not access the data, overview or analysis tabs in Survey 123. I need the data tab to function so we can export reports. Older surveys published in connect3.9 work fine. I did a save as from an older survey to a new survey in 3.15.165 published and still it does not open in the web data tab. I've cleared my cache, I've tried going directly to the data tab via the url, there is no note filed at the begining it is a text question. I'm at a loss of what to do now. I even tried making a simple new survey and publishing that and still it does not work 

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @DeniseTolness1 

Thank you for sharing your question here! Could you please answer a few questions, so that I can help you locate the cause of the issue?

When you save your old form to a new form, does the new form has any data attached to it? If there is no submission to the form, the overview, analyze, and data page will not be able to show. In this case, you will see the "The survey has no records yet. Please check again later" msg.

If this is not the case, could you please let me know:

1. Which method did you use to connect the new survey to the existing dataset? e.g. submission url

2. what is the behavior of the data, overview, and analyze pages? If there is any msg appearing on the page or the page cannot be loaded completely?

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
DeniseTolness1
New Contributor III

@Ruth_JiatengXu The new form has no data in it. But when accessing through the Survey123 web page the data, overview and analysis tabs don't ever come back with the standard "The survey has no records yet. Please check again later" msg. All you get is the thinking bars never any messages. I tried accessing through AGOL to the survey app as well as directly through the URL both had same results. I can go into AGOL and access the feature service there. I can go onto my tablet and submit a survey. The data is in the feature service but still even with data in the survey the data, overview and analysis tabs do not open, I sat on the data tab for an hour and just saw the thinking bars and had to close the app to get out of the window,

Our AGOL Administrator Guru guy changed something on the back end yesterday morning and now everything is working ok. As I understand it he added the https://blm-egis.maps.arcgis.com to a configuration to allow this site to send data out to other applications. So what was happening when the Survey123 app went to retrieve the data it was not getting the feature service information back and now it is. I'm not sure exactly what he did, he was fixing a different issue for someone else and it resulted in my survey123 app now working.

Thank you for responding so quickly for me but I think the issue got resolved