Data Entry Behavior of Field App - Windows

05-08-2020 12:47 PM
bobwright
Occasional Contributor

An end user pointed out various behaviors that I wasn't seeing, such as having to completely re-enter a value instead of being able to edit it, not being able to tab between fields, etc. Turns out I had v 3.6 something and they were using the latest version (3.9.149) of it. When I installed this version and compared the data entry behavior to the Android version (3.9.149) they appear to be identical. I assume this is intentional, though it does make Windows version entry more cumbersome. Thanks for any feedback.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Bob,

Just to clarify, are you saying you can't tab between fields or edit values using the 3.9.149 version of the Survey123 field app on Windows? You should definitely be able to do this. What Windows device / version are you using?

Thanks,

Brett

0 Kudos
bobwright
Occasional Contributor

Hi Brett,

Thanks for the response. I just tried it again and I guess I would revise my initial comments to say that it is pretty darn clunky, which it wasn’t with the previous version. Attached is the form I referencing.

Bob

0 Kudos
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi again Bob,

Can you please confirm if you can tab between fields and edit values with v3.9 on Windows? I'm not clear on what you're saying has changed in the data entry behaviour between v3.6 and v3.9? Please let me know so I can investigate further.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Kudos
bobwright
Occasional Contributor

Hi Brett,

Sorry for the late response. I can tab between fields, and I can edit field entries, but it is clunky to the point that the users I work with brought it to my attention. I told them I was not seeing this behavior, but I was using 3.6. When I upgraded to 3.9.149 I was seeing the same thing.

Bob

0 Kudos