Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom URL opens Survey 123 but not specific survey.

01-25-2017 10:00 AM
ClarkBryner
New Contributor

I have followed the instructions for creating a custom URL scheme provided in https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/07/30/understanding-survey123s-custom-url-sche... wit partial success.  My URL is arcgis-survey123://?itemID=c08374910b1c41c0acc54600fcb4a148 and when clicked results in Survey 123 opening and trying to download a survey that has already been downloaded.  This process is never successful and my only option is to terminate the App (see screenshot).  I am signed in through my organizations Portal (version 10.4), survey published using Survey123 Connect (version 1.10.43) and the Survey123 App for IOS (version 1.10.25).  Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?Survey123 open and trying to download a survey that was already downloaded.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
BRENNEJM
New Contributor III

James, I realize this thread is really old, but I ran into this same issue today while setting up Survey 123. I tried everything I could think of to get my Survey to open from a link on a polygon feature and couldn't. I tried adding the Survey link to a point feature and it loaded instantly. Is there still no support for links in feature classes other than points?

0 Kudos
Mennoter_Bals
New Contributor III

Same problem here, but using AGOL instead of Portal. It worked before, opening the correct S123 form from a point feauture service in Collector and even prepopulating several fields, but since a few weeks I'm unable to have the custom url open any survey form. When I click the link in Collector S123 for ArcGIS opens and briefly flashes the 'Survey not found' message before trying to download the survey (which I already downloaded). Then it hangs trying to download. I'm using all the latest versions of S123, Collector, S123 Connect.

The url I'm using: arcgis-survey123://?itemID=103fd698dadb485a9dc82313b4d02639

I've tried many things based on the information I found in the discussions here:

• changing the survey author
  • sharing the survey as public or sharing in specific groups
  • trying form different AGOL user accounts
  • trying with a complete new survey in S123
  • trying Windows/Android/iOS

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Mennoter_Bals
New Contributor III

Ok, problem solved! Feeling a bit embarassed, because it turns out I was using the hosted feauture layer itemID instead of the form itemID all the time....

0 Kudos