Select to view content in your preferred language

CSV Download File Has Line Wraps When Opened in Notepad++

06-30-2020 10:25 PM
JonMarks
Regular Contributor

Some of my recently downloaded CSV files have some of the lines wrapped which is causing all sorts of problems when trying to import this data into other apps.Can anyone tell me why these lines are wrapping? Interestingly they don't appear wrapped in Notepad, but are wrapped in Notepad++ or Sublime Text. See ObjectIDs' 19, 21, 21, 22, 29 etc in the attachment. have attached the survey XLSX as well. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In Notepad++, under the View menu, is "Word wrap" toggled on? or get toggled on?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JonMarks
Regular Contributor

Sorry I should have mentioned that in my question, Word Wrap is off, it's more than a visual nuisance, I use a further VBS step on the file which trips up when it hits the first wrapped line. In the long run I'm doing a Bulk Insert into SQL server which doesn't like the wrap either. As an aside, is there an easier way to upload S123 data into SQL (I probably should ask a separate question)?

0 Kudos
JonMarks
Regular Contributor

I have also deleted the old surveys and re-published them to see if this resolves the issue, but the wrapping is still happening for some records.

0 Kudos