Creating multiple points with one survey

09-20-2021 03:08 PM
ChuckShaw1
New Contributor

I have created a survey123 form for our EOC. The idea is that someone enters information into survey123 from incoming calls. One of the questions is who should respond to the incident. Right now they can only select 1 of 5 departments. But, there may be a call that requires 2 or 3 departments to respond to that one incident.

When that happens, I want the survey to create additional points alerting applicable department that they need to respond. The idea is that, when each department has responded to the incident, they can use the edit tool to close their involvement when they have completed their response. 

I don't want to use the select_multple choice, it makes symbolizing cumbersome and adds more confusion for those non GIS individuals being asked to interact with the map.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Possibly as geopoints in a repeat? 

It might require you to restructure you survey quite differently, but I believe that's the only way to capture multiple points in one survey.

I'm thinking:

• Incident, etc
    • Geopoint
  • Repeat
    • Geopoint (calculated from the parent)
    • Select-one department.

The geometry will be stored in a related table, which you can put on the map instead. And have a layer view for each department so they only see what's relevant to them.

I haven't tried doing this before, so maybe someone else will have a better idea or be able to improve this one.

0 Kudos