Creating a Survey from an existing Survey to feed the same Feature Class

02-04-2024 06:51 PM
ScottJones1
Occasional Contributor

I have a survey with 10 questions. Without going into great detail, I have multiple groups that will be utilizing this survey. I have rules set to open the pertinent questions based on specific responses, but as usual, people want it even easier. Each group wants their own survey, but I want all the data in one spot.

So, is it possible to create a survey from this 10 question survey only using 3 of the questions, but all the data feeding into the same feature class? so essentially I might have 4 surveys, but the responses all going into the same bank of data...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes you can do this.

You can start with the survey that you already have which has all the questions. In Connect make copies of that survey using 'Save As' and name them according to your groups. In each of the copied surveys, delete the questions that are not needed.

BEFORE publishing these copied surveys, go to the Setting tab of each of the XLSForm's and enter the submission URL of your original survey. This will mean that when you publish, instead of creating a new feature layer for each survey, they will all point to the original feature layer.

The submission URL is a concatenation of the Item ID of the feature layer and the portal Content Root. it will look something like this:

https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/21a6c530b31a4523bdff7gg94c9c5d9a

For more info, see Use Survey123 with existing feature layers—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation