Copying "Repeats" to new surveys not working

02-05-2018 07:23 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ismael Chivite James Tedrick,

I built a survey form with the intention that users can click on a “sent” item and “copy the sent data to a new survey,” when adding new records.

I used “allowUpdates” in “bind::esri:parameters” to allow users to edit previously sent “repeat questions.”

But, I noticed this procedure doesn’t create new related tables for the newly copied survey records, but rather edits on top of the previously sent “related tables,” and moves it across to the new record. (i.e. deletes the previously sent “related tables”).

Due to this error I changed the “bind::esri:parameters” to blank. But, when copying sent data to a new survey, I noted that any of the pre-exiting information on “repeat questionswon’t be saved onto new related records upon submission. Rather, you have to add “new entries” to "repeat questions" for any additional related tables.

I was really banking on this feature to work. It would be greatly appreciated, if you guys could come up with a solution soon.

Thanks so much,

Gee

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Geethaka,

When you use the copy the sent data, a new survey record will be created.  If you want to edit existing data to update repeats, you should choose 'Edit and resend the survey'.  What you are describing sounds like a bug that we previously addressed- which version of Survey123 are you using?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the latest version 2.6.7.

As mentioned previously, this error only occurs for related tables.

It would be greatly appreciated if this could be fixed soon.

Thanks... 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Geethaka,

Can you provide XLSFile that is generating this? I'm not replicating this with my Surveys.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on this matter?

Sorry about the hassle.

Gee

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Gee,

I can see the issue you describe with your form, but not with an example that I created to test this.  We'll look into what exactly is occuring.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks James Tedrick‌,

I have tried this on multiple devices (incl. iOS, windows and mac), but to no avail.

I even tried bind::esri:parameters to allowUpdates=true allowAdds=true.

Could you please share the XLSFile example you created?

Thanks so much for looking into this.

Gee

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Geethaka,

Here is the Excel file I used to try to replicate.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James Tedrick‌,

I think you forgot to attach the excel document.

Regards,

Gee

0 Kudos