Connect Survey123 Using Enterprise Account

04-05-2016 10:16 AM
GlenColgate1
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to connect Survey123 using enterprise account. After entering the organization URL, and selecting the "using your <org name> account" button, the app will not popup a login to enter username and password. I have verified that the organization account does work in Collector and Workforce (so its unlikely that its a device setting). I thought enterprise logins were enabled back in January, any guesses what might be the problem?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Glen,

This is a known issue when using Portal with identity management software such as Okta.

This issue will be addressed in an upcoming Survey123 release.

Hannah

GlenColgate1
Occasional Contributor

Answers to questions from Jared Grondin:

1) What Enterprise Identity Provider is your organization using (ADFS, Shibboleth, Ping, etc)?

We are using ADFS

2) What type of device are you using (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Windows Computer, etc.)?

iOS on multiple devices (iPhone, iPad Air/Pro/Mini, Windows 7)

3) What OS version are you using?

iOS Version 9.2 and Windows Enterprise 7 SP1

4) Do you encounter this issue on all devices?  For example, if you install the Survey123 app on a Windows laptop and try to login using that app do you encounter the same behavior?

Behavior is slightly different on Windows 7 than iOS. iOS does not respond to the click on "using your <org name> account" button, while Windows 7 will return a 401 unauthorized access message.

JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

On my Android tablet, the Sign-in window still does not even appear.

I get just a blank white space under the green sign-in banner.

Tap to open the Survey123 app.
Click on the "Sign in" button.
In Settings, added our ArcGIS Online URL.
Click the orange button to sign-in with my enterprise account.
Next window is presented and is blank - no UN/PW entry slots.

Answers to questions from Jared Grondin:
1) What Enterprise Identity Provider is your organization using (ADFS, Shibboleth, Ping, etc)?
   We are using SAML/ADFS

2) What type of device are you using (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Windows Computer, etc.)?
   Android 4.2.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7" tablet

3) What OS version are you using?
   Android 4.2.2

4) What version of Survey123 are you using?
   Version 1.7.20

5) Do you encounter this issue on all devices? For example, if you install the Survey123 app on a Windows laptop and try to login using that app do you encounter the same behavior?
   Signing into the Survey123 app on my Lumia 950 with Windows 10 mobile does work, albeit, slowly and with frequent crashes.

I do not have an iOS device to test with.
   I am able to sign into my enterprise account in "Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS" on a Windows 10 v1607 computer.

screen captures

Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue, Joe. I would like to follow-up with you and investigate further. I sent you a message. I look forward to hearing back from you.

0 Kudos
ECanGIS_Team
New Contributor III

We have been having this same issue intermittently.  When trying to sign in, we get a blank screen.  This seems to happen when users have selected the 'remember me' option.  We cannot change the portal we are trying to log in to either.  We just get no response from the app.  On a related note.... When uninstalling and re-installing the app, that does not seem to make any difference.  The portals are remembered, old surveys are there (I assume because they are on the device?) but same log in issue persists.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi ECan GIS Team,

Have you tested with the latest app released only a few days ok, now version 3.3? We made some improvements to sign-in issues.

Also, if you want to delete all data, settings and surveys from the device, you need to delete the contents of the ArcGIS folder in the following location:

Windows: C:\Users\{username}\ArcGIS\ 

On iOS and Android, you will see the same \ArcGIS\ folder on the default internal storage location of the device on Android or when browsing via iTunes on iOS to the app file content.

Mainly you need to delete the Data, My Surveys and My Survey Attachments, and AppStudio folder. Note this will delete everything, including surveys, so ensure they have all been sent successfully.

Phil.

0 Kudos
ECanGIS_Team
New Contributor III

Thanks Philip Wilson  we sorted it.  This was for an Android device that had been previously logged in to a portal that no longer exists.  The user had the option selected to 'remember me'.  We went in to the .json file and manually changed the portal url there.  For those interested, the .json file I am referring to was found on this particular phone at:

Galaxy A5 (2017)/Phone/ArcGIS/AppStudio/Settings

For easiest access, you will have to connect your mobile device to your PC in order to access this .json file and modify it.  If you are wondering which .json file to modify, for us there was only one in there.