Choice filters work fine in Survey123 Connect, but not in Survey123 App

Jump to solution
01-08-2022 08:54 AM
JesseKalwij1
New Contributor III

I created a couple of choice filter dropdowns and relevance choices. These seem to work perfectly fine in the Survey123 Connect application when testing, but give unexpected behaviour in the app on Android or iPhone.

I have the appearance for all fields set to autocomplete. I am aware that there was a bug in older versions, so I tried minimal-compact too, but this did not solve the problem. I have uploaded my XLS form, in the hope that someone is able to tell me what I am doing wrong. My Survey123 Connect version is 3.13.251 

Survey123Android.jpegSurvey123Connect.jpegXLSform.jpeg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JesseKalwij1

Thank you for passing along the XLSForm! I've tested with the form on my end and I cannot reproduce the same behavior. You may likely be running into BUG-000144684 where choices are duplicated when forms are updated. If you delete the survey from the field app and redownload it, do you see the same behavior? 

If the behavior does not persist after removing the survey from the field app the behavior is likely the defect from above. Please feel free to reach out to Esri Technical Support and they will be able to assist with confirming if the behavior observed is the defect or not, and get you attached to the defect.

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JesseKalwij1

Thank you for passing along the XLSForm! I've tested with the form on my end and I cannot reproduce the same behavior. You may likely be running into BUG-000144684 where choices are duplicated when forms are updated. If you delete the survey from the field app and redownload it, do you see the same behavior? 

If the behavior does not persist after removing the survey from the field app the behavior is likely the defect from above. Please feel free to reach out to Esri Technical Support and they will be able to assist with confirming if the behavior observed is the defect or not, and get you attached to the defect.

Thank you,
Zach
JesseKalwij1
New Contributor III

Deleting the form from the field app, and then downloading it again, solved the problem. Thank you!

0 Kudos