Changing the default photo name

02-24-2017 05:42 AM
KevinBrown10
New Contributor III

Is it possible to change the default naming convention of the #photos collected from within the Survey123 app by using the value entered in a previous question?  

Previous posts have shown me that you can manually change the photo name by typing from within the survey but I would like something more data driven to change the default settings.  

Currently the default contains the field name followed by the date and time.  I would like to keep this convention but would like to add an additional data driven field in the name.  An example would be I have photos set up in a repeat.  The first question in the repeat is Sample Location.  Can I have the Sample Location value automatically be added to file name of the photograph? 

Thanks for the help.

Tags (1)
16 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kevin. Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment. 

0 Kudos
AaronThompson
New Contributor III

I am wondering if this capability has been introduced? 

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Aaron,

This functionality has not yet been introduced.

0 Kudos
DanielMcIlroy
Occasional Contributor

Is there a plan to introduce this in a future release? This would be very handy for us, as some of our systems require the photos to be stored separately, so a naming convention that links photos (some of our forms have the photos in a repeat so that users can take multiple photos at a single site) would be excellent.

0 Kudos
SageTezak1
New Contributor II

I know Survey123 has a frequent release schedule (every 6-8 weeks). Has this capability been added? Please advise.

Thank you!

AdamDaily
Occasional Contributor II

This would be very useful. Is it something being considered? 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has this feature been added?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brita, 

There hasn't been an update on this potential enhancement.

0 Kudos
CPoynter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi James,

Any further news on this enhancement? Is there some way to plug into the click and rename manually functionality that exists with renaming photos at time of capture or maybe dynamic labeling?

0 Kudos