Change 'Submit' Text in Survey123 Connect

12-15-2020 12:17 PM
RenéGonzalez
New Contributor II

Is there a way to change the 'Submit' text in the submit button in Survey123 Connect? My organization wants to change the text to 'Locate'. I know this is possible in the Survey123 Web Environment, but due to using the PullData function, I had to create this survey in Connect. I checked the form.webform file in the folder structure to set this parameter but seemed to not work. 

Anyone know where I can change the text in Connect? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

14 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @CA_-_ReneGonzalez__GISS_  Yes. It is possible. You can do that by adding a note question in your survey. The name of the question needs to be 'generated_note_form_submit_text'. The label in that question defines the text that will be displayed in the Submit button.

006 Survey123 Multilingual Support.png

Please note that this only will take effect in the Survey123 web app, since the field app does not use any text in the submit button.

RenéGonzalez
New Contributor II

Hi @IsmaelChivite , thank you for getting back to me. I tried your suggestion but looks like it just added the text to the bottom of the form and didn't change the text in the submit button. 

RenéGonzalez_0-1608077449751.png

RenéGonzalez_1-1608077497080.png

Did I do something wrong?

0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I had the same experience.  Added those notes as shown, but it just sticks it at the bottom of the survey as text.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
RenéGonzalez
New Contributor II

@IsmaelChivite do you or anyone else at ESRI have any additional information on how I can update the 'Submit' text to something else? I tried your recommendation and it only added the text to the bottom of the survey as a note and not on the submit button.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

@RenéGonzalez @JayJohnsonWashoeCounty ,

To make the special note question work as the text of the submit button in the Survey123 web app, several certain conditions need to be met. Would you mind checking if all of the following are correct?

• Use the latest 3.11 Survey123 Connect (the version number should be 3.11.123)
  • In Survey123 Connect, use "https://survey123.arcgis.com/api"  in Settings->Services as the Survey123 REST API URL
    • ZhifangWang_0-1609329185402.png

• In XLSForm, for the note question, use "generated_note_form_submit_text" for the name column and the expected text for the label column. Note: if you set the text in other columns e.g. hint, it will not work.

If you still observe unexpected result after checking the above items, can you please attach the XLSForm file so we can have a double-check?

JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @ZhifangWang   For me, the problem was I was using "Survey Connect123 for ArcGIS" 3.7.62, not "ArcGIS Survey123 Connect" v 3.11.    Mine is working properly now that I'm using 3.11.  

On editorial note, this last round of app upgrades was very confusing - we had the same issue with Workforce, where people were downloading the wrong app from the app store because both the names and the icons of the old version and the new version were SO similar.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
KatherineWeber
New Contributor

I am struggling with this issue.  I have confirmed I am using version 3.11.123 and that "https://survey123.arcgis.com/api"  is set as the Survey123 REST API URL.  I also have the text "generated_note_form_submit_text" in the name column and the expected text in the label column but when I go to publish the survey, it gets hung on the "Checking feature service Getting service information" window.  If I change the name column to "testtest" for example, I can publish it, but it just puts the text at the bottom of the survey and not in the actual submit button.  I'm attaching the XLSForm for reference. Do you have any idea what my issue could be?

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@ReneGonzalez @JayJohnsonWashoeCounty  I am guessing you are running an old version of Survey123 connect? Please make sure you are running 3.11

RenéGonzalez
New Contributor II

@IsmaelChivite Thank you for getting back to me.

3.11 brings another issue; reverse geocoding a customized locator I created does not return values with version 3.11 but returns values with 3.9

Has this issue been resolved?

0 Kudos