Capture e-mail address on mobile survey

08-25-2020 11:16 AM
PreganPillay
New Contributor II

Using survey 123, the data capturer enters the e-mail address, but it is not captured and reflected in the table attached to web map.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Pregan,

How was the survey created, in Survey123 Connect or web designer? Also is the survey being collected with the field app or web app? What version are you using?

Are you able to share the xlsx file for the survey so we can take a closer look at the configuration for the email question you are referring to?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
PreganPillay
New Contributor II

Hi Philip

I used survey 123 Connect (Vers 3.9.120) and the XLSX sheet attached. The user collects data on site using a link to survey on their mobile device.

Another issue, users cannot upload more than one photo.

Thank you, appreciate.

Pregan Pillay

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Pregan,

I had a look at your survey xlsx file, and it appears to be set up correctly and when I published it, all the questions and collected data as are expected.

Note that the email question type is a hidden question type by default, therefore it will not be displayed in the form or in the data tab table view on the survey123 website. It can however be displayed by showing all fields. I submitted records to your survey using your survey xslx form, and I can see the email address question being populated. When using the "email" question type, user must be signed in for the email to be populated, as this is automatically obtained from the ArcGIS account they are signed in with. If they are not signed in, the question will be blank.

If you would prefer to have the user type their email address in manually, use a text question and apply a regex in the constraint column, to ensure they enter a valid email address. See here for more info: Formulas—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation .

As for adding multiple images to a single image question, you need to use the "multiline" appearance. Refer to documentation here: Appearance—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation  and Media—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
PreganPillay
New Contributor II

Dear Philip

Thank you, greatly appreciated.

Have a great week.

Regards

Pregan

DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User ,

I am finding some issues with the email field type. My understanding is that this should capture the users email if they are logged in, as described in this article. However in my case I am finding that it is not capturing and storing the user's email at all - it is absent from the field in the feature service. I have further tested this by creating a text field below it and using a calculation (e.g. ${AGOL_email}, where AGOL_email is the name of the field using email fieldtype) but with no results.

If I instead try to use the old property approach (i.e pulldata("@property", 'email')) this works and returns the users ArcGIS email.

Are there any known bugs with the email field type?

The settings I have for my email question are as follows:

• type = email
  • name = AGOL_email
  • label = Email

Many thanks,
Rob

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DataOfficer (Rob),

Are you able to share your XLSform (.xlsx) file so I can take a closer look. Are you using the latest survey123 field app or the web app, and are users collecting new surveys, or editing existing via the Inbox?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll send the form via direct message.
The issue has been happening for some time, but is also evident when tested in Connect (v. 3.10.239).
Users are generally collecting new surveys.

Thanks,
Rob

0 Kudos