Select to view content in your preferred language

Cant seeTPK

02-16-2017 04:02 PM
MikeMitchell
New Contributor

We have been using survey 123 in my agency for collecting information of road damage due to floods. The app works great, but now we would like to add the map tile package option. We have been creating map tile packages using Tile Package Kreator so they are in the proper format.   then loading to I pads in the suggested file structure. Upon opening the app  and viewing the settings map folder, ithe maps can be seen.  but once adding a geopoint the only maps available are the default web maps.  Obviously im doing something wrong but cant figure out what

0 Kudos
7 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi.

can you provide some details on how you are attaching the TPK file to your survey?  What step by step instructions are you following to add the TPK file to your device?

0 Kudos
MikeMitchell
New Contributor

Using THIS iNFO<https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/01/06/prepare-basemaps-for-offline-use>

Tried with both android tab 4 and ipad 2 I can see the map in the map folder but cannot add to a survey 123 form.

TPKs have web Mercator projection tpk created with tile package Kreator

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mike.  Try setting the 'append' attribute to true within the json file, publish the survey to update the contents in ArcGIS Online and then download the survey again to see if it makes a difference.   Alternatively, you can also associate a TPK with your Survey by simply adding your TPK into the media folder of your survey before publishing to ArcGIS.  Step by step instructions for this different approach can be found at https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/01/31/taking-your-maps-offline-with-tile-packa... 

0 Kudos
MikeMitchell
New Contributor

All well on the TPK front with me now.

I was able to get a TPK into the map library by using the second method  

"Load tpk to media folder".

I think my problem may have been that the tpk I was trying to load was to large.

I took a much smaller sample and it loaded correctly.

as for the first method  I am not seeing a .json  file in the survey123 folder.

0 Kudos
MikeMitchell
New Contributor

One more thing   I've noticed that if you created a survey using  the web 123  ,, and then loading it into 123 connect  that there will be no media folder attached.  but,, I was able to use a the media folder from another survey  and it worked fine.  so all's well. Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

You're correct that currently the surveys on the web don't have a media folder (as there isn't a way to specify additional media... yet).  This is something that is under active development, and I've made a note about this with the development team.

0 Kudos
MikeMitchell
New Contributor

Good to know thanks

0 Kudos