Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot transfer ownership of Survey

10-02-2023 07:20 AM
BarryG
by
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone else have a problem with transferring ownership of a survey to another member of the organization? I get an error message that cannot transfer, and it then corrupts my survey so that neither member may open it any longer. Also, when deleting the survey then, an error message says it cannot delete the survey, though it obviously is deleted.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RyanUthoff
Frequent Contributor

Is this in ArcGIS Enterprise? We transfer surveys among other people all the time and have never had any issues with it not transferring or corrupting surveys.

0 Kudos
BarryG
by
Frequent Contributor

ArcGIS Online

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is this Connect or a web form?   We have had luck using this process for Connect.

Transfer ownership of the form and layer in AGOL and move it to a folder with the exact same name in the new owners content.

Take the folder from My Survey Designs from the old users computer and copy it into the My Survey Designs folder of the new user.

Go into the .iteminfo file of the form and edit these two spots giving it the name of the new owner and the new folder ID of the new folder you created above.

"owner": "username new",
"ownerFolder": "itemid of the folder",

Open up Connect and it should all just work.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
BarryG
by
Frequent Contributor

Web form. It shouldn't be this difficult ... it should just simply work. I've said it before, and again, ESRI should focus it's efforts on quality control of it's suite of products rather focusing on continually changing the products.

PegGronemeyer1
Regular Contributor

Well said! "Esri shd focus on quality control..."

0 Kudos