Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot publish survey in survey123 builder: There are two survey elements named 'field_1' in the section"

11-24-2017 03:39 AM
TimFavier1
New Contributor

I want to publish a survey that I have constructed in the Survey123 builder. But I received the following error message:

Cannot publish the survey. There are two survey elements named 'field_1' in the section named 'xls-9e527d7bd71e4908b02404ab9674616d'.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Regards, Tim

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the feedback. 

This is a known issue that will occur if you copied a question by using the "Duplicate" button and tried to publish a survey in the web designer. The fix will be available as a hotfix to the website in the next week.

In the meantime, you can fix the error manually by using the new capability "Modify Schema" in our 2.5 release. Just change the second "field_1" to another name in the Modify Schema dialog will allow you publish the survey.

0 Kudos
TimFavier1
New Contributor

Thank you very much for your reply. I decided to make a new survey. That took me just 10 minutes. 

Regards, Tim 

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tim, 

The fix to the issue is available on the Survey123 website now, would you mind to give it a try? Please let us know if there's still any question.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks a lot for your feedback again!

0 Kudos
RionaAskara
Occasional Contributor

It's still an issue for me. I figured out which field I had duplicated and deleted that question. Now I have to add that field back in. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Riona,

As of the Survey123 release in November, you are also able to change the names of fields manually by clicking on the 'Modify Schema' link prior to publishing.