Can two username types exist in survey123?

07-15-2019 01:32 PM
joerodmey
MVP Alum

I want to have 2 separate username fields in one survey but keep getting an error when publishing from connect. Is this possible to have?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Joe,

Yes you can have multiple username fields in your survey. When signed into ArcGIS Online, these fields are automatically populated with the account username. So all of your username fields will be populated with the same data, ie the current signed-in user.

What error are you getting when trying to publish with Connect?

Brett

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Thanks for the info. But now can I take the username and lock it so that when a different user edits the same data it wont capture and replace with their username?

0 Kudos
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Joe, sorry for the delay.

I think what you're trying to achieve is out-of-the-box functionality for feature service editor tracking. Without any configuration in Survey123 (ie no 'username' questions), the feature service will store 4 additional fields (Creator, CreationDate, Editor and EditDate). These fields are hidden by default in the Survey123 website but can be turned on with a small '+' on the right side of the Data page:

In this example, I created this record from the 'survey123_publisher' account and then edited the same record with the 'bstokes_survey123' account. Subsequent edits will overwrite the Editor and EditDate data, but the Creator and CreationData data will persist.

Hope this helps,

Brett

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

But will this allow me to pull the creator field from the survey directly? The key here is that I want the username name to be captured when a user sets a select one to yes. Now if a different named user logs into the survey and accesses this particular record (all data pulled into the same survey but an empty form via the URL syntax and pushed using REST and JSON - this functionality I already have in place) I want it to look at the username name in a field and compare it with the current username of the user. If they match than no note type is shown, otherwise the note type is shown notifying the user that x user has already set this to "yes"

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Does that help Brett Stokes

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Any ideas? Brett Stokes

0 Kudos