Can't change background

Jump to solution
02-26-2019 03:31 AM
MathildaLingensjö
New Contributor

So I'm quite new to making surveys, but have managed to put one together in Survey123 connect. The only problem I have right now is designing it. I've looked everywhere for how I can change the background to an image (or at least change the color of it) but I can't find anything at all.

I've seen the previous posts from last year about changing the color in <surveyname>.info, but it doesn't work for me. I still have that awful blue/green-ish color.

So is there another way for me to change it or is it just not possible to do at the moment?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mathilda,

Are you referring to the web page background color/image when viewing the survey in the web app in a browser? Or are you referring to the survey content background and changing the color/image?

It is not currently possible to set the web page background color/image from Connect, as Connect and the Field App do not support such a property, it is not visible from within the Field App on any device. However it is possible to set the background color/image that is used as the survey content background (within the boundary of the survey), from Connect. If you open a survey in the web app that was published with Connect you will get the default settings for the web page background.

We have an open enhancement request to support modifying the Appearance settings on the Survey123 website in web designer for surveys created from Connect, currently this only is available for surveys created from web designer that do not get republished from Connect. If you want to set the webpage background color or image, you need to create the survey in web designer, set the required Appearance settings, then open the survey in Connect to do more advanced configuration, and then re-publish again. The Appearance settings originally set in web designer we remain in place and be honoured when you open in the web app. However currently you will not be able to edit them again in web designer.

Hope this helps.

Phil.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mathilda,

Are you referring to the web page background color/image when viewing the survey in the web app in a browser? Or are you referring to the survey content background and changing the color/image?

It is not currently possible to set the web page background color/image from Connect, as Connect and the Field App do not support such a property, it is not visible from within the Field App on any device. However it is possible to set the background color/image that is used as the survey content background (within the boundary of the survey), from Connect. If you open a survey in the web app that was published with Connect you will get the default settings for the web page background.

We have an open enhancement request to support modifying the Appearance settings on the Survey123 website in web designer for surveys created from Connect, currently this only is available for surveys created from web designer that do not get republished from Connect. If you want to set the webpage background color or image, you need to create the survey in web designer, set the required Appearance settings, then open the survey in Connect to do more advanced configuration, and then re-publish again. The Appearance settings originally set in web designer we remain in place and be honoured when you open in the web app. However currently you will not be able to edit them again in web designer.

Hope this helps.

Phil.

MathildaLingensjö
New Contributor

Yes, you are amazing. Thank you so much for answering this question!

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

For anyone here in 2021... I am not sure at what version this changed, but it is now possible to edit design/colors (but not questions) in the web survey after publishing in Connect. You'll see this note:

BrittanyBurson_0-1611339225811.png

A beautiful day!!

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for pointing that out! I was looking to change that default light green webpage background color from a connect published survey (still isn't possible in connect) and that's one of the changeable options in the web designer: 

ChelseaRozek_0-1644263362520.png

AlderMaps
Occasional Contributor

Was linked here from this question so thought I would post my solution for this here also.

Just came across this issue today myself. Seeing as this isn't supported in Connect natively, I implemented a pretty simple workaround: an Experience Builder app with the Survey added to it.

Started with a blank full screen app, added an image and stretched to full size, then plopped in the survey (Survey widget in AGOL; if in Enterprise and that's not available you can still add a survey in an embed or iframe, whatever the widget's called).

I will be doing a bit more to this but here is the basic layout. Obviously this is a solution targeted at web browser surveys.

AlderMaps_2-1705679134269.png

0 Kudos