Can Inbox be configured for only certain users to access

10-09-2020 01:55 AM
Mondi_GIS
Occasional Contributor

Hi there

I have a survey that i have enabled the Inbox for so that certain people in the organisation can go and sign off on these surveys.

Is it possible to limit only certain users to view and then edit the Inbox? I do not want the field workers to have the ability to access and edit the Inbox of surveys they have created. I haven't been able to find any documentation regarding this yet.

Thanks so much

Paul

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

Hi Paul, Admin Admin

You may try to use the Where clause to limit the view. Please refer to the below link for more info.

Prepare for editing existing survey data—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation 

Quick thoughts,

• Do you have users who need to sign off the submitted survey, set them as editors so you can set a field in the layer which contains the username and that could be used to filter the records. This would refrain the field workers to view any submitted surveys.
  • If setting the editor is not an option you can alternatively you can use the same feature layer and create another survey where you can enable the inbox so the editors can view and sign off where required and this survey will not be visible to the field workers and the one which the field workers are using you can disable the inbox feature. I hope that makes sense 🙂 (I swear it made sense to me when I was thinking about it, but not sure if that might solve your concern.)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Manish

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.

Cheers,
Manish
Mondi_GIS
Occasional Contributor

I like what you are saying in your second bullet point there regarding creating another survey from the same feature service and having that Survey in a group that only certain people have access to. I think that would work if there isn't an easier option

At the moment I am sitting with the problem that everyone can see the inbox and all the surveys sent. I just want certain people to be able to access the inbox and approve whether observations need attention or they should be rejected. I know how to filter what surveys can be seen in the inbox using a WHERE statement, but that doesn't help me with only restricting them to certain users that have permissions to view and edit the Inbox

ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

Hi Admin Admin,

Glad you find the suggestion helpful, do update if the workaround works for you.

Cheers,

Manish

Cheers,
Manish
0 Kudos