Can a Linked CSV file (on AGOL) be automatically updated by Survey123 form submissions?

12-02-2020 02:22 AM
ChrisMaclaurin
New Contributor III

Hi All, 

I have prepared an AGOL hosted layer from a CSV file and created a survey form which is linked to the CSV (now also in media folder). I think I have created a webhook back to the CSV file with the intention of adding data to the CSV file (on AGOL), which would then update the file in the media folder... I can then pull this data from the CSV file into my survey form (This is the proposed thinking)! 

The problem I am having is I can't get the the form submissions to update the CSV file. They are visible on the feature layer (as would be expected). Is it possible to update the CSV automatically this way? 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

This is not possible in the current 3.11 release of Connect and the field app, however it is a new feature new currently have in beta in the 3.12 beta Connect and field app available on the Early Adopter Community.

Please refer to this beta documentation regarding using Linked Content and CSV files and also Dynamic choice lists.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
ChrisMaclaurin
New Contributor III

Hi Phil, I have sucessfully replicated the linked content example in the Early Adopter Community. It all gets a little blurry when it comes to actually getting the original csv updated from form submissions? I have tried the Dynamic choice lists. but as I just want to pulldata from the csv (without a choice select). Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought a webhook would allow the csv (which is linked to the hosted layer to get updated when a submission was made? Thanks Phil, Chris

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Yes, you should be able to create a webhook that updates your CSV or a hosted feature layer from the submitted data, and then that CSV can be linked to the survey, so every time the CSV is updated, and the survey is opened again, the CSV used for pulldata will be updated.

Phil.

HaroldHerrera1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User .

Very useful the feature for CSV files linked to a survey for updating data.  It works very well in the survey123 app, but it doesn't work well in the web form. 

I update several CSV files for a webform but the changes don't apply, only in the survey app.

What can I do for these changes that will affect the web form survey as app?

0 Kudos
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi @HaroldHerrera1 

This feature is in beta for the Survey123 web app, would you have a try on survey123beta.arcgis.com?

Thanks,

Jody Zheng Liu

0 Kudos
ShariForbes
New Contributor III

Hello Jody. Do you know if this feature has moved into production for Survey123 web app? 

Thanks,

Shari