Cache answer to question in Survey123

05-21-2019 11:31 AM
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I know in the Survey123 web builder, you can easily "cache answer to this question" for various input fields:

How do you do this in Survey123 Connect in the XLS form? I feel like this is a dumb question but I cannot figure out how to display this.

A follow up question is, do these answers only persist on the web or on the app (or both)?

Thanks.

3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Adrian,

The field application does not have the ability to cache an individual answer directly; instead, it allows the caching of a full survey.  One technique to use this is to set up the favorite answers in a separate survey, save that to Drafts and then apply the favorites to the form.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

James,

I started to notice that after digging through old threads and using the technology myself.

Favorites mostly works but what my field people requested was for each subsequent survey to move the "number" field up 1 number each time. I know there is a whole blog and discussion on "ticket numbers" and seems to work well with pulling up date/times and such, but I need to dig into how to take the existing survey number and add 1 to it each time you open up a new survey. That will likely be another thread!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I assume you mean numbering a repeat?  Have a field with a calc of count(somerepeatfiled). Then your number field is a calc once(countfield + 1).  

If you mean across Surveys then no.  Mostly because you are offline.

0 Kudos