Blank Map Graphic for Records

02-28-2020 02:04 PM
DaveSarver1
New Contributor II

I've built a number of surveys over the past couple of years using Survey123 Connect.  One of the surveys shows a blank map graphic on the data page when I click to review and/or print a record.  The other surveys I've created don't have this issue.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dave,

What version of Connect did you use to publish the survey? What basemap did you set in Connect? Are you using the existing feature service to publish the problematic survey?

There is an existing issue which is similar to what you described:

BUG-000125046 A geopoint location is rendered as an empty map image in the exported report from the Survey123 for ArcGIS website when the survey is created from an existing feature service.

Could you try the workaround if the issue you have match to this existing issue?

1. Create a new survey using XLSForm from the original survey and publish it as a hosted feature service.
  2. Download or export the data from the original survey in a file geodatabase.
  3. Zip the file geodatabase.
  4. Append the data to this new hosted service created in step 1.
  5. Generate the report on this new survey created in the step 1.
0 Kudos
DaveSarver1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply Shwu-jing.  The survey was published using version 3.7.  I have 2 maps as linked content; the stakeholder feature service, and I added an additional web map as a reference.  The survey was built from scratch (not from an existing feature service) but was a revision of an older survey.  I did append the records from the old survey to the new (minus photos).

This survey has become pretty high profile in our organization, has dozens of users across multiple divisions/departments, contains hundreds of photos (which in my experience are very difficult to append) and has an associated dashboard - and other than the issue I'm asking about - is fully functional.  Rebuilding/republishing is probably not an option for us as this is really just an annoyance more than anything. When I have time I may test the workaround.

I'd still be interested in a solution that doesn't require a rebuild though

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dave,

We recently addressed basemap issue on the survey123 website. You could probably try to set the website to use the latest version to see if that makes a difference:

Survey123 website>survey_name>Settings tab>Version tab>Click "Always use the latest version (3.8).

Besides, you could also try our beta website(https://survey123beta.arcgis.com/ ) to check if issue still remains. The beta website contains the most updated fixes. If issue still remians after trying the latest version of survey123 website, republishing the survey might be necessary, unfortunately.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos