Begin repeat in survey123 not allowing multiple values in select one question

05-05-2017 12:29 PM
IngridMans2
New Contributor

I have a survey for bird sampling surveys with a few header questions about location conditions, and then a repeat group of questions about different kind of bird species observed.  The species type question is a select one type referencing a list of choices with over 200 species codes.  Any time you add another entry in the repeat group, the value in the species entry defaults to the previous value.  If you change it, it also changes the PREVIOUS entry.  We need to address this ASAP. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ingrid,

I am not 100% clear on your issue. Can you please post a copy of your XLSForm so I can take a look at your survey to try and better understand the behavior you are seeing? Also: what release of Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS are you using?

0 Kudos
DanielKonzek
Occasional Contributor

Hi Derek,

Could you assist me with this same issue?  This functionality was working in my surveys before upgrading to 2.0.  Since the upgrade, the data values remain in select one, autocomplete fields when I try to repeat a group of questions.  

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Dan,

As I said to Ingrid, I am not 100% clear on the issue. If you could please share your XLSForm, then describe the issue in more detail it would help. Or, if you don't want to post the XLSForm on GeoNet, email me directly: dlaw@esri.com.

0 Kudos
DanielKonzek
Occasional Contributor

Derek,

Questions in lines 70 - 74 are the culprits.  When I select a species from my external list for one of these fields, then I repeat the group - the species name carries over to my next entry.  As I've been experimenting this afternoon, I noticed that in the feature layer that the entry does NOT get added to the second related table.  This is still a confusing issue for our surveyors.  I would like for those questions to be blank when I repeat the group.

I hope that makes sense.  

Thank you so much for taking a look!

Dan

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Dan,

Thanks for sharing your survey and I've confirmed this is a known bug that we are still investigating.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but we are working on resolving it.

Hope this helps,

IngridMans2
New Contributor

Someone on the github community actually got back to me to confirm I was using the autocomplete appearance (I was).  There is a known bug with the autocomplete feature.  I am using Survey123 Connect version 1.10.43, although everything behaves correctly in the preview as well as in the actual survey from a smartphone or computer.  This glitch of altering all associated autocomplete fields within a repeat question is only occurring on our Lenovo Android tablets.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Ingrid,

FYI, we released Survey123 Connect v2.0.41 on April 26th, 2017. See blog post,

Survey123 for ArcGIS version 2.0 | ArcGIS Blog 

Can you please upgrade to the latest release and see if the issue still occurs?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
JamieKelly1
Occasional Contributor

I had a similar issue, and the response was that there is a known bug with the autocomplete in a repeat.

https://community.esri.com/message/685546-issue-with-selectone-autocomplete-in-repeat

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi all, 

We have a fix for the autocomplete issue in 2.1.