Batch load possible w/geopoint and 1-M questions

10-15-2020 08:46 AM
ChristineSeidel
New Contributor III

Hello -- I have an existing Survey123 form which contains a GeoPoint question and an add multiple records question (in this case, all members of your household) -- which results in the creation of a relate table.

So my question is, how feasible would it be for me to batch load results from an earlier survey into this existing Survey123 feature layer?  I know there's the simple append tool in AGOL but I'm unclear as to how difficult it would be to correctly associate the related records.

If this is possible, I'd appreciate knowing the general workflow to accomplish this.

Thanks,

-Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Christine Seidel‌, 

You should be able to use the append tool in ArcGIS Online to append the existing data to you service. 

Please use the link below for reference regarding the workflow. Please note although the article does not mention it I believe sync will need to be disabled on the Hosted Feature Service. 

How To: Append data to a Survey123 for ArcGIS survey from an existing survey with related tables 

We also have a YouTube video walking through the workflow in ArcGIS Pro. 

Please use this link for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5V6MIrAKCk&t=1s

I would suggest creating a copy of the survey you plan on appending the data to and see what method you prefer prior to going through the workflow with your production data. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos