Select to view content in your preferred language

Basemap changes not seen in downloaded Survey123

05-07-2019 07:18 AM
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor
We've impmented this to automate the updating of basemaps and republishing of a survey: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/12/08/an-alternative-way-to-update-the-media-f...
We're having an issue with the tpk basemaps added to the media folder and then republishing the Survey.  The entire workflow to build new tpk's, download the existing survey, build a new zip and upload to the form item all works correctly and we can see the form is updated just fine, however the basemaps do not update on the device(s).
Even after deleting and re-downloading the survey item, we don't see updates to the basemaps.  The only way we actually see the updates to the basemaps is when the Surve123 app is completely uninstalled and re-installed from the app store.  Only then after downloading the survey item again will the basemap changes appear.  It's very similar to a browser caching a previous session.
Is there something I'm missing or can look to do?
iOS v12.1.4
0 Kudos
12 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James,

Yes, please open a support case with Esri Support. We need to gather more information and look into the issue further.

Phil.

JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Much appreciated! 

Take care

JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Update:

I went thru the full workflow starting with an existing Survey with the desired basemaps published with it.  Then I updated the basemap and ran my scripting component that builds the new .tpk (with the changed basemap) and republishes the same survey item.

Confirmed: that updated survey contains the expected basemap with changes I made to it.  This was confirmed by using Connect to download that updated survey and then I navigated to the media folder where that updated .tpk is found and added it to ArcMap to compare against the original feature class that participates in the tpk --- the changes are seen!

Also confirmed: I deleted the existing survey off of the mobile device(s), re-downloaded the updated survey, opened the map component and do not see the changes made to the basemap like I see in the local copy that was downloaded with Connect!

Also Also confirmed: Completely uninstalling Survey123 from the device, re-installing from the app store and downloading the updated survey item will then display the most current/updated basemap!

0 Kudos