Barcodescan in Survey123, on FZ-B2 slow

01-18-2018 12:44 AM
StefaanMinne
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm new at this, but for now it seems that in my Survey123, the barcode scan function , is very slow, the image is wobbly ... Te tablet is brand new (Panasonic FZ-B2) android 6.0.1 on kernel : 3.14.55.

What could be the reason, or how can I solve this ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stefaan,

What type of barcode format are you attempting to scan?

One option might be for you to uncheck the formats that the field app is enabled to look for.  You can do this after opening up your barcode question, and then selecting the hamburger menu on the top right.  You will see 'Barcode Types', followed by a list of the barcode formats.  Uncheck those barcodes types that you do not need and see if that leads to any results.

StefaanMinne
New Contributor II

Hi Brandon,

I have to scan (in 1 survey):

- normal 2d standard barcode

- datamatrix

I have unchecked "all barcodes" and the image is less unstable and the good news is I have now a result when scanning a test code (at home) ... I'll keep you posted when testing outdoors .... hope this works .

Thanks for the support

0 Kudos
StefaanMinne
New Contributor II

Brandon,

now that I have your attention; would it be possible to use a external barcode reader on usb cable and/or on bluetooth

(for example :Zebra technologies Barcode Scanner Ds3608 Rugg Gr Vibr Motor USB Cba-u46-s07zar Shield USB Cable - D...   )

thank you

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Great to hear that there were some performance improvements after unchecking the irrelevant barcode types.  As for the use of bluetooth scanners, they should be able to fill in barcode fields.  However, they also take over the keyboard of the device; currently the on-screen keyboard does not display when the scanner is connected.

0 Kudos