Auto-fill an answer to a question within a repeat?

03-17-2017 09:00 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a repeat setup in a survey for recording fish. One repeat equals one fish. In the repeat, there is a question about which species the fish is. I record the first fish as a catfish. When i move onto recording the second fish, is there a way for the species question to auto-fill based on the previous question. In this case, when i move onto the second repeat, species is auto-filled with catfish. 

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MTorres
Occasional Contributor

bump

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi M Torres

It is currently only possible to use a calculation to update a value across all repeats. What you are asking is not currently possible. We can look at this as a potential enhancement though.

Thanks

John

ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

Can I be added as a stakeholder?

I have a survey where foresters are going out to a plot that is numbered and surveying a number of species at this plot. Within the repeat, it would be nice if the number of the plot stayed the same, while they are able to change the species. Once they move to another plot, they can change the plot # and the field will remain at that plot # until it's changed again throughout their repeats. 

Basically, an answer to a field in a repeat stays the same until the user changes it.

MTorres
Occasional Contributor

How goes this idea Mr. Hasthorpe? Any updates? Thank you for your time and assistance.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi M - This enhancement is still in our backlog - I have added your request to our internal repo.

Energy4all
New Contributor II

Any development regarding this?

0 Kudos