Select to view content in your preferred language

Are public surveys available with Portal ?

06-22-2017 06:59 AM
GianniCampanile
Esri Contributor

I would like to use a public survey connected to my Portal: is thi spossibile with the new version ? If not, are there plans for this feature to be added in the (near) future ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gianni,

While you can technically make a survey on a Portal public, there are some challenges in making it usable.  First, the Portal would need to be accessible from the internet; typically Portals are placed in a corporate network behind the firewall.  Second, while the Survey123 field app supports connecting to Portals, it would need to be preconfigured to connect to the Portal when receiving a link to open the form.  A web form authored by Survey123's website could be accessible.

GianniCampanile
Esri Contributor

Hi James,

thanks for your explanation. The idea is to use it on a protected connection, i.e. Pads are connected to the organization through a VPN. In this case "Public" means "Public for all people that can connect to the organization", but this should be transparent to Survey123.

Does that make sense ?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gianni,

Yes, the scenario you describe would work; the one thing is to preconfigure the Survey123 app to access the Portal by making it the Portal Survey123 is connected to (whether or not you actually require login).

0 Kudos